Renew and replace your work skills at this free professional development event
SGS College has announced a new line up of bite-sized business workshops for critical managers and decision makers looking to sharpen their existing skills and learn some new ones.
Taking place between 9am-1pm on Friday 1st June at the College’s Stroud Campus, this completely free event will cover a whole host of hot-topics including wider professional development opportunities, funding routes and apprenticeships.
Guests also get to choose two of the following five workshops to attend:
• Management – For managers and leaders at all levels. Setting strategic aims and operational objectives. Delegates will appreciate management styles, reflect on their own practice, and identify their own management style.
• Accountancy – For smarter business planning. Develop skills to plan and forecast future business projects, risk-assess and identify confidence levels. Delegates will learn how to carry out a simple Break-Even Analysis on a potential project.
• HR, Team Building and Confident Communication – For HR Professionals. This workshop explores how people interact with others and how to communicate effectively in a working environment, including difficult conversations and conflict management.
• GDPR and Data Management – For those responsible for ensuring your organisation is GDPR-compliant, e.g. IT system managers, marketing managers and data protection officers. The General Data Protection Act and good housekeeping practices for all.
• Infrastructure and Network Security – For IT and System managers and those responsible for organisation-wide effective data security. Infrastructure security and reducing risks to your business. We will also explain the wider CPD and progression routes for the IT specialists in your organisation, at all levels.
Patrick McLeod, Director of Apprenticeships and Work Based Learning comments:
“This event is a fantastic opportunity for people who are looking start or continue their professional development journey. It is essential to keep up to speed and adapt to new thinking. Acquiring career advantages via learning is the key.”
Click here to secure your attendance via Event Brite.
Alternatively, contact Jill Jones on 01453 761158 or at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.